Mark your Calendar: Saturday July-11, 2015 for the 9th annual BOTB event.
Online registration will open Feb-1, 2015.
“LIKE” our Facebook page for updates until then, or drop a line to our Race Directors (see contacts).
Calling all swimmers – for the 8th year running, this year’s Ottawa Easter Seals Regatta features a 3-km open water swim across beautiful Britannia Bay. Sponsored by Bushtukah, the swim starts at Nepean Sailing Club and finishes at Britannia Yacht Club.
All proceeds from the Bushtukah Bring on the Bay 3K Open Water Swim will be donated to Easter Seals Ontario, benefiting disabled children in the Ottawa area.
What: 3km open water swim.
When: SATURDAY, July 12th, 2014 at 8:00 am
Where: Ottawa River, Nepean Sailing Club, 3259 Carling Avenue, at Dick Bell Park.
Registration and fees: Please click here.
BOTB Team Challenge: New this year – a special award for swim teams and clubs. Find out more here.
BOTB Past Video: YouTube Link
Swim course: The course is a point-to-point swim starting at the Nepean Sailing Club and finishing at the Britannia Yacht Club. View the course map. The course will be well-marked with swim buoys, as well as anchored sailboats from the sailing clubs. We will transport your extra clothing and shoes to the finish line. Numbered tags will be provided for your bags.
Race kit pick-up: Race packet pickup, late registration and waiver signing will take place at Nepean Sailing Club, 3259 Carling Avenue on Friday, July-11, 6-8pm. Participants are invited to enjoy the NSC hospitality. Check out the race start venue and patio while you are there.
Race kit pickup is also available from 7:00 – 7:30am, Saturday July-12 just prior to the start. Race kit pickup on Friday evening will be strongly encouraged by the race organizers to make this a smooth event.
Check out what swimmers told us in previous years!
- “My friends and I participated for the first time to the ‘3 km open water swim’ yesterday and we just want to tell you that we loved our experience. The set-up was great. We hope to be back next year.” -M.D. (2013)
- “What an incredible, awesome and well-run event! This is on my calendar of must do’s for years to come!! Thanks for such a great experience.” -S.W. (2013)
- “Just wanted to say thank you for a wonderful event – this was my first time doing Bring on the Bay and the longest open-water swim… I’d ever done! A fantastic experience and I’ll definitely be back in future years. I wanted to compliment you on the beautiful logo on the medals… -K.M.I. (2013)
- “Congrats and thank you to all the volunteers. This was my 3rd year racing and each year I love the event more and more. The organization, friendly smiles, and overall well orchestrated event makes it easy as a swimmer to just show up and swim hard… I can’t say enough good things about this event and my calendar is already marked for next year. Well done and fantastic job!” -L.B. (2013)
- “I want to thank YOU and EVERYONE involved in putting on this stellar event. This was my fifth year as a participant and I’ve enjoyed each and every swim. It’s been so good to see the number of swimmers and the funds increase each year. It’s such a great cause. Hats off to you all!” -B.T. (2013)
- “I wanted to pass along my thanks and congratulate you on putting on a first class event! From a swimmer’s perspective, the event rolled out flawlessly and word on the street is nothing but positive! Kudos to you and be so proud of the work you have accomplished.” – J.R. (2012)
- “Just a quick note to thank the organizers and volunteers for Bring on the Bay. What a fantastic, well-organized event! It was my first time. As a slower swimmer, I was grateful for the kayakers near me who kept encouraging me and keeping me on track.” – K.R. (2012)