ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
A message from the race committee regarding COVID-19
We are monitoring the constantly changing situation in regards to COVID-19. As with any other year, the health, wellness and safety of our swimmers and volunteers will continue to be the #1 priority for the Bring on the Bay Swim. Meanwhile, Stay safe and wash your hands.
THE 14th ANNUAL BRING ON THE BAY SWIM WILL BE HELD ON JULY 11th, 2020
NEW for 2020: The 1500 M Swim will have a beach start from the Surfer’s Beach at Britannia Park! The course will start out northwest bound for 700 m, then a turn to join the classic course for another 800 m back to the Britannia Yacht Club. The City plans to begin work at Britannia Beach after July 15th. The Bring on the Bay swim event will be unaffected! More details and the course map can be found here.
See a quick recap of the 2018 event in the BOTB 2018 short video clip!
Easter Seals: Helping Kids with Physical Disabilities Succeed
What: 1500m & 3K open water swim across Britannia Bay, Ottawa River
When: SATURDAY, July 11th, 2020 at 8am
BOTB Race Video Drone Overview from support crew of one of the participants.
BOTB Past Video: YouTube Link
BOTB Team Challenge: Special awards for teams & clubs.
Start: 8:00am. Nepean Sailing Club. 3259 Carling Avenue, at Dick Bell Park.
Race-Kit Pickup: Nepean Sailing Club, Friday July 11th, 2020, 5-8pm (see registration page for more details).
“LIKE” our Facebook page and watch for updates. Still unsure? Sign up to our email notices to stay in touch: BOTB EasterSeals email.
1500m Swim: The BOTB 1500m swim will include up to a maximum of 150 swimmers. NEW THIS YEAR: A beach start from the Surfer’s Beach at Britannia Park! The course will start out northwest bound for 700m, then a turn to join the classic course for another 800m back to the Britannia Yacht Club. The City plans to begin work at Britannia Beach after July 15th. The Bring on the Bay swim event will be unaffected!
You can check out the 1.5K Britannia Park to BYC Swim Map.
3K Classic Swim: The classic course offers a point-to-point swim starting at the Nepean Sailing Club and finishing at the Britannia Yacht Club.
You can check out the 3K NSC to BYC Swim Map.
Both courses will be well marked with swim buoys and anchored sailboats every 100m. A flotilla of water safety craft including kayaks, SUPS, canoes and other safety boats will watch over swimmers along the protected course. We will transport your extra clothing and shoes to the finish line.
Global Swim Series: BOTB was one of the founding members of the GSS. With more than 100,000 swimmers in 190+ races, in 35 countries (and still growing), the Global Swim Series is the largest open water swim series in the world. Earn points for participation and placing in BOTB and other GSS swims to earn ranking in the series.
Swim Angel Program: Swim Angels will be available to attract and accommodate swimmers who are physically able to complete the race but for reasons ranging from disabilities to medical conditions or even a fear of swimming in open water, would not otherwise be able to participate. If you feel that you need a swim angel in order to participate, please choose that option when completing the registration. Check out our Swim Angel page.
Check out what swimmers told us in previous years!
- “LOVED the frequency of the boats & signage along the route. Also, the volunteers in sailboats, kayaks and SUPs were all so helpful and encouraging!” – R.D. (2018)
- “This is an amazingly well organized event, in fact the best I have ever attended. Well done to all the volunteers and organizers to make the entire occasion one to remember and to look forward to in 2019!” – M.F. (2018)
- “Such a great event! I had heard the great reviews but wow! So amazing. It was my first and I was nervous so took advantage of the swim Angel program! I’m so happy with how the day went and will be back again next year! Thanks so much to all the amazing organizers and volunteers!” – K.T. (2018)
- “I really enjoyed participating in this year’s event.It was very well organized and has a very cool “vibe”. I WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK NEXT YEAR!” – P.U (2016)
- “Bring on the Bay 3K swim race is extremely well organized, a fun event and very safe. All swimmers are welcome.” – C.T. (2016)
- “Done it for three years and next year will be my fourth.Very well organized and always tons of fun. –S.L. (2016)
- “Best organized swimming event I have ever participated in. – P.F. (2016)
- “This was a long time goal, to do an Open Water Swim…. LOVED my first incredible experience… Thank you all who had a hand for this event to happen. I will definitely be coming back next year. I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to one of the [kayak] volunteers, who guided me to the stairs for the last part of my trek. I TRULY appreciated his encouragement and guidance.” – R.M. (2015)
- “Staggeringly good effort by the organizers and volunteers, hadn’t a single worry out on the water allowing me to focus entirely on the swim. Easily the best swim I’ve been to this summer, will definitely be back next year.” – I.C. (2015)
- “Had a wonderful time, thanks to my swim angel. You and all your organizers and volunteers rock! – D.H. (2015)
- “I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for putting on such a great event. It was my first time and I had no idea what to expect… But all the friendly volunteers and the well-planned course put my fears to rest and I ended up having a really enjoyable swim. The gorgeous weather might have helped. Extra thanks for the logistics of providing the shuttle bus, post-race food, and the massage tables. Thanks for an awesome event!! See you next year! – A.M. (2015)
- “I just wanted to say ‘thank-you’ to yourselves and for the supporters of BOTB. I swam this year and was pleasantly surprised with the facilities at the start and finish, the safety support along the way, and the efficiency of the kit pickup. I am sure that I speak for many swimmers who haven’t already said thank you themselves.” – R.A. (2014)