Updated July-17: had a great day? let us know @BringOnTheBay, #BringOnTheBay
- 542 swimmers from 55 clubs completed the 10th annual BOTB.
- We are uploading our photos & videos: looking for your pictures as well! Check out the BOTB-2016 Results and Photo page.
- Congratulation’s to Maggie Harbert our WestJet fundraiser raffle winner of a trip for two anywhere WestJet flies!
- Maggie also was awarded top fundraiser prize: Trek 7.2 Hybrid bike from Bushtukah.
Easter Seals: Helping Kids with Physical Disabilities Succeed
Proudly celebrating 10 years, the Bring On The Bay open water swim features a 3-km open water swim across beautiful Britannia Bay on Saturday July-16, 8:00am.
BOTB Past Video: YouTube Link
BOTB Team Challenge: Special award for teams & clubs.
Where: Ottawa River, Nepean Sailing Club. 3259 Carling Avenue, at Dick Bell Park.
Race-Kit Pickup: Nepean Sailing Club, Friday Juy 15, 6-8pm (see registration page for more details).
“LIKE” our Facebook page and watch for updates. Stull unsure? Sign up to our email notices to stay in touch: BOTB EasterSeals email.
Swim course: The course is a point-to-point swim starting at the Nepean Sailing Club and finishing at the Britannia Yacht Club. View the BOTB swim course. The course will be well-marked with swim buoys, as well as anchored sailboats from the sailing clubs. We will transport your extra clothing and shoes to the finish line.
Global Swim Series: BOTB was one of the original members of the GSS. Checkout some of the over 55 awesome swims around the world, and dream about your next swim-cation.
Swim Angel Program: for the second year in a row, swim angels will be available to swim alongside swimmers who, for whatever reason, are physically able to complete the race and may require a personal escort for additional safety. If you feel that you need a swim angel in order to participate, please choose that option when completing the registration. Check out our Swim Angel page.
Recap from 2015
Sold out event, with beautiful weather and a slightly breezy start. With a small elite mass start(~40) , and the rest of the ~550 swimmers in five colored rolling waves. This was also the inaugural year for the BOTB ‘Swim Angels’. We’ve had tremendous input from the participants on that successful format, and will be doing this again in 2016.
Check out what swimmers told us in previous years!
- “This was a long time goal, to do an Open Water Swim…. LOVED my first incredible experience… Thank you all who had a hand for this event to happen. I will definitely be coming back next yar. I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to one of the [kayak] volunteers, who guided me to the stairs for the last part of my trek. I TRULY appreciated his encouragement and guidance.” -R.M. (2015)
- “Thank you to all volunteers and organizers for a really fantastic event!” -P.K. (2015)
- “Staggeringly good effort by the organizers and volunteers, hadn’t a single worry out on the water allowing me to focus entirely on the swim. Easily the best swim I’ve been to this summer, will definitely be back next year.” -I.C. (2015)
- This was my 4th year participating, and the event just gets better and better every year…. All the sailboats and kayaks and canoes along the way make everyone feel very save, and helped keep us on the right course line. Thanks so much to all your sponsors and for all you and the many, many other volunteers do to make it such a fun event and a success. And what a beautiful day we had!” –M.K. (2015)
- “Had a wonderful time, thanks to my swim angel. You and all your organizers and volunteers rock! –D.H. (2015)
- “I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for putting on such a great event. It was my first time and I had no idea what to expect… But all the friendly volunteers and the well-planned course put my fears to rest and I ended up having a really enjoyable swim. The gorgeous weather might have helped. Extra thanks for the logistics of providing the shuttle bus, post-race food, and the massage tables. Thanks for an awesome event!! See you next year! – A.M. (2015)
- “I just wanted to say ‘thank-you’ to yourselves and for the supporters of BOTB. I swam this year and was pleasantly surprised with the facilities at the start and finish, the safety support along the way, and the efficiency of the kit pickup. I am sure that I speak for many swimmers who haven’t already said thank you themselves.” – R.A. (2014)
- “What an incredible, awesome and well-run event! This is on my calendar of must do’s for years to come!! Thanks for such a great experience.” -S.W. (2013)