The snow is blowing, but registration is still open for the 11th annual 3K Bring On The Bay open water swim, Saturday July-15.
Due to last minute scheduling conflicts, we will be unable to offer a new 1.5K swim course, from Britannia Beach. If you are considering this distance please contact the race directors for consideration before March-31.
Easter Seals: Helping Kids with Physical Disabilities Succeed
BOTB Past Video: YouTube Link
BOTB Team Challenge: Special award for teams & clubs.
Start: 8:00am. Nepean Sailing Club. 3259 Carling Avenue, at Dick Bell Park.
Race-Kit Pickup: Nepean Sailing Club, Friday July 14th, 2017, 6-8pm (see registration page for more details).
“LIKE” our Facebook page and watch for updates. Stull unsure? Sign up to our email notices to stay in touch: BOTB EasterSeals email.
3K Classic Swim: The course is a point-to-point swim starting at the Nepean Sailing Club and finishing at the Britannia Yacht Club. View the classic BOTB 3K Swim Course.
The course will be well marked with swim buoys, as well as anchored sailboats from the sailing clubs. Kayaks and safety boats will be present to watch swimmers. We will transport your extra clothing and shoes to the finish line.
Global Swim Series: BOTB was one of the original members of the GSS. Checkout some of the over 90 awesome swims around the world, and dream about your next swim-cation.
Swim Angel Program: once again swim angels will be available to swim alongside swimmers who, for whatever reason, are physically able to complete the race and may require a personal escort for additional safety. If you feel that you need a swim angel in order to participate, please choose that option when completing the registration. Check out our Swim Angel page.
Check out what swimmers told us in previous years!
- “Bring on the Bay 3K swim race is extremely well organized, a fun event and very safe. All swimmers are welcome.” – C.T. (2016)
- “Done it for three years and next year will be my fourth.Very well organized and always tons of fun. –S.L. (2016)
- “Best organized swimming event I have ever participated in. – P.F. (2016)
- “This was a long time goal, to do an Open Water Swim…. LOVED my first incredible experience… Thank you all who had a hand for this event to happen. I will definitely be coming back next year. I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to one of the [kayak] volunteers, who guided me to the stairs for the last part of my trek. I TRULY appreciated his encouragement and guidance.” -R.M. (2015)
- “Staggeringly good effort by the organizers and volunteers, hadn’t a single worry out on the water allowing me to focus entirely on the swim. Easily the best swim I’ve been to this summer, will definitely be back next year.” -I.C. (2015)
- “Had a wonderful time, thanks to my swim angel. You and all your organizers and volunteers rock! –D.H. (2015)
- “I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for putting on such a great event. It was my first time and I had no idea what to expect… But all the friendly volunteers and the well-planned course put my fears to rest and I ended up having a really enjoyable swim. The gorgeous weather might have helped. Extra thanks for the logistics of providing the shuttle bus, post-race food, and the massage tables. Thanks for an awesome event!! See you next year! – A.M. (2015)
- “I just wanted to say ‘thank-you’ to yourselves and for the supporters of BOTB. I swam this year and was pleasantly surprised with the facilities at the start and finish, the safety support along the way, and the efficiency of the kit pickup. I am sure that I speak for many swimmers who haven’t already said thank you themselves.” – R.A. (2014)
- “What an incredible, awesome and well-run event! This is on my calendar of must do’s for years to come!! Thanks for such a great experience.” -S.W. (2013)