The 15th Bushtukah BOTB event has been completed!
Congratulations to the 385 3K athletes, and the 110 1.5K finishers. Together we swam 1705 KMs and raised $60,000 for Easter Seals.
BOTB 3K start video from 2900m Sailboat ‘US 22 Vesper’ by Skipper Adam.
See BOTB FaceBook site for Race Day Photos.
Easter Seals: Helping Kids with Physical Disabilities Succeed
Distances: 1.5K, 3K (Classic)
When: July 16th, 2022
BOTB Race Video Drone Overview from support crew of one of the participants.
BOTB Past Video: YouTube Link
BOTB Team Challenge: Special awards for teams & clubs.
BOTB 2021 Nepean Sailing Club Talk: here!
“LIKE” our Facebook page and watch for updates. Still unsure? Sign up to our email notices to stay in touch: BOTB EasterSeals email.
Global Swim Series: BOTB was one of the founding members of the GSS. With more than 100,000 swimmers in 175+ races, in 35 countries (and still growing), the Global Swim Series is the largest open water swim series in the world. Earn points for participation and placing in BOTB and other GSS swims to earn ranking in the series.
Swim Angel Program: Check out our Swim Angel page for 2021 info.
Check out what swimmers told us in previous years!
- “LOVED the frequency of the boats & signage along the route. Also, the volunteers in sailboats, kayaks and SUPs were all so helpful and encouraging!” – R.D. (2018)
- “This is an amazingly well organized event, in fact the best I have ever attended. Well done to all the volunteers and organizers to make the entire occasion one to remember and to look forward to in 2019!” – M.F. (2018)
- “Such a great event! I had heard the great reviews but wow! So amazing. It was my first and I was nervous so took advantage of the swim Angel program! I’m so happy with how the day went and will be back again next year! Thanks so much to all the amazing organizers and volunteers!” – K.T. (2018)
- “I really enjoyed participating in this year’s event.It was very well organized and has a very cool “vibe”. I WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK NEXT YEAR!” – P.U (2016)
- “Bring on the Bay 3K swim race is extremely well organized, a fun event and very safe. All swimmers are welcome.” – C.T. (2016)
- “Done it for three years and next year will be my fourth.Very well organized and always tons of fun. –S.L. (2016)
- “Best organized swimming event I have ever participated in. – P.F. (2016)
- “This was a long time goal, to do an Open Water Swim…. LOVED my first incredible experience… Thank you all who had a hand for this event to happen. I will definitely be coming back next year. I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to one of the [kayak] volunteers, who guided me to the stairs for the last part of my trek. I TRULY appreciated his encouragement and guidance.” – R.M. (2015)
- “Staggeringly good effort by the organizers and volunteers, hadn’t a single worry out on the water allowing me to focus entirely on the swim. Easily the best swim I’ve been to this summer, will definitely be back next year.” – I.C. (2015)
- “Had a wonderful time, thanks to my swim angel. You and all your organizers and volunteers rock! – D.H. (2015)
- “I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for putting on such a great event. It was my first time and I had no idea what to expect… But all the friendly volunteers and the well-planned course put my fears to rest and I ended up having a really enjoyable swim. The gorgeous weather might have helped. Extra thanks for the logistics of providing the shuttle bus, post-race food, and the massage tables. Thanks for an awesome event!! See you next year! – A.M. (2015)
- “I just wanted to say ‘thank-you’ to yourselves and for the supporters of BOTB. I swam this year and was pleasantly surprised with the facilities at the start and finish, the safety support along the way, and the efficiency of the kit pickup. I am sure that I speak for many swimmers who haven’t already said thank you themselves.” – R.A. (2014)