The 16th Bushtukah Bring on the Bay Swim event will be held on Saturday, July 15, 2023!
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN:
BOTB 3K start video from 2900m Sailboat ‘US 22 Vesper’ by Skipper Adam.
Race results on Sportstats: 3K and 1.5K
See BOTB Facebook page for Race Day Photos.
Easter Seals: Helping Kids with Physical Disabilities Succeed
Sponsored by Bushtukah, this point-to-point swim starts at Nepean Sailing Club and finishes at Britannia Yacht Club.
Distances: 1.5K, 3K (Classic)
When: July 15, 2023
BOTB Race Video Drone Overview from support crew of one of the participants.
BOTB Past Video: YouTube Link
BOTB Team Challenge: Special awards for teams & clubs.
BOTB 2021 Nepean Sailing Club Talk: here!
“LIKE” our Facebook page and watch for updates. Still unsure? Sign up to our email notices to stay in touch: BOTB EasterSeals email.
Swim Angel Program: Check out our Swim Angel page for 2023 info.
Check out what swimmers told us in previous years!
- “LOVED the frequency of the boats & signage along the route. Also, the volunteers in sailboats, kayaks and SUPs were all so helpful and encouraging!” – R.D. (2018)
- “This is an amazingly well organized event, in fact the best I have ever attended. Well done to all the volunteers and organizers to make the entire occasion one to remember and to look forward to in 2019!” – M.F. (2018)
- “Such a great event! I had heard the great reviews but wow! So amazing. It was my first and I was nervous so took advantage of the swim Angel program! I’m so happy with how the day went and will be back again next year! Thanks so much to all the amazing organizers and volunteers!” – K.T. (2018)
- “I really enjoyed participating in this year’s event.It was very well organized and has a very cool “vibe”. I WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK NEXT YEAR!” – P.U (2016)
- “Bring on the Bay 3K swim race is extremely well organized, a fun event and very safe. All swimmers are welcome.” – C.T. (2016)
- “Done it for three years and next year will be my fourth.Very well organized and always tons of fun. –S.L. (2016)
- “Best organized swimming event I have ever participated in. – P.F. (2016)
- “This was a long time goal, to do an Open Water Swim…. LOVED my first incredible experience… Thank you all who had a hand for this event to happen. I will definitely be coming back next year. I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to one of the [kayak] volunteers, who guided me to the stairs for the last part of my trek. I TRULY appreciated his encouragement and guidance.” – R.M. (2015)
- “Staggeringly good effort by the organizers and volunteers, hadn’t a single worry out on the water allowing me to focus entirely on the swim. Easily the best swim I’ve been to this summer, will definitely be back next year.” – I.C. (2015)
- “Had a wonderful time, thanks to my swim angel. You and all your organizers and volunteers rock! – D.H. (2015)
- “I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for putting on such a great event. It was my first time and I had no idea what to expect… But all the friendly volunteers and the well-planned course put my fears to rest and I ended up having a really enjoyable swim. The gorgeous weather might have helped. Extra thanks for the logistics of providing the shuttle bus, post-race food, and the massage tables. Thanks for an awesome event!! See you next year! – A.M. (2015)
- “I just wanted to say ‘thank-you’ to yourselves and for the supporters of BOTB. I swam this year and was pleasantly surprised with the facilities at the start and finish, the safety support along the way, and the efficiency of the kit pickup. I am sure that I speak for many swimmers who haven’t already said thank you themselves.” – R.A. (2014)
3 thoughts on “Bring on the Bay 3K Open Water Swim, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada”
Thank you to the organizers, volunteers and sponsors for an awesome event. I can’t imagine how many hours it must have taken to get this put together so that someone like me can have an incredible, fun and safe experience and money can be raised for a worthy cause. Merci, merci, merci…
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Kelly, Are you looking for volunteers? If so, I’m in!
Yes we are. You can either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form on the volunteer page